10.) Your Mickey Premium Bar and Dole Whip melt too fast in the Florida sunshine.
9.) The air conditioning on your Disney Bus is too cold!
8.) Having to stand up on the Monorail.
7.) Can't have a lid or straw at Animal Kingdom.
6.) People keep distracting you with the glow of their phones during the shows.
5.) Can't find a seat at your resort food court.
4.) Your wet poncho keeps sticking to your legs!
3.) Left your refillable mugs in your room, now you have add a soft drink onto your quick service meal.
2.) Can't decide whether to go right or left on Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
1.) Every bus at the bus stop is for every other park but yours!
Can you relate to this list? What are your First World Disney Problems?
So we have a confession... We miss Walt Disney World! This got us thinking about what makes Disney so magical and how we wish that elements of our favorite place on earth could be part of our everyday reality! Seriously though, wouldn't it be great to enjoy some of Disney's luxuries and services in our daily lives? So join us today and as we list the 10 Disney Things That Should be Part of Everyday Life!
10. Parades - Imagine this. It's three o'clock, the middle of the day, and you need a little pick-me up. How about a parade? Yes, to help get you through the afternoon, there should be a parade every day; and at night, there should be another to celebrate the end of that day. Why? Just because.
9. Background Music - Have you noticed that pretty much anywhere you go at WDW that there is themed music playing in the background? It's not only pleasant, but helps set the scene. For example, at Wilderness Lodge, western style music is playing in the lobby; and at Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom, if you pay attention, you will hear drums! We think background music would be awesome in everyday life. Wouldn't it be great to have some awesome anthem playing when you do something right at work, perhaps the soundtrack from Pirates of the Caribbean? How about Under the Sea when you're cleaning the pool, or "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes" when you wake up in the morning?
8. Dining Plan - So whether or not you think the Disney Dining Plan saves you money, you can't deny that it does offer convenience. We could totally get used to picking up ice cream for a snack credit or visiting the most expensive restaurant in town for only two dining credits and no bill! Better yet, wouldn't it be great to have a Free Dining Plan when at home? Just imagine the possibilities... You wouldn't have to cook for days!
7. Nightly Cleaning - Have you ever noticed that the parks look brand new and picture-perfect each morning, even after all the guests and activities from the day before? That's because every night, while you're sleeping in your Disney Resort bed, Disney has a cleaning crew come in after hours and clean, and even paint, the park so it looks like opening day everyday. So... We could definitely get used to have a cleaning crew come into our houses every night and leave it sparkling for when we get up, how about you?
6. Christmas Snow - One of my favorite things about Disney World at Christmas is the fake snow that rains down over Main Street USA and the Streets of America at Hollywood Studios. It's classic, it's picturesque, it's magic! Plus, there's nothing to shovel, no slippery sidewalks, and no dirty puddles later either. We will gladly trade real snow for Disney's version of snow around Christmas time this year!
5. Service - Disney is known for their excellent service, it's definitely part of their success. They really add to the atmosphere and the overall experience. How we wish the cashier at the gas station or the lady at the drive-thru would wish us a magical day or tell us happy birthday. It would make reality so much more bearable!
4. Castles & Mountains - Who doesn't love a good castle? We could totally get used to having a castle in our backyard or in our own hometown. If not a castle, a really cool mountain like Big Thunder or Expedition Everest would be cool too.
3. Extra Magic Hours - Ever feel like there's not enough time in the day? With Extra Magic Hours, you can have more time to do the things you want, to make the weekend last a few hours longer, to browse the mall, or to get more things done!
2. Dole Whips - This doesn't even need an explanation. Why there isn't a Dole Whip stand on every corner in America is the real question.
1. Monorails - Want to save on gas? Dislike the crazy morning commute across town? Monorails are the answer! Every morning, you could board a monorail and be whisked above the traffic to where you need to go! This would be so great in everyday life, don't you think?
So what Disney things do you wish were a part of your everyday life? We want to know!
How do you save for your Disney World Vacation?
Many Disney Fans create their own Disney Savings Jars to help them save up for their vacations, or to save up for Disney souvenirs and extra magical experiences!
Believe it or not, having a Disney Savings Jar out in the open can actually help you save more than you might you think! Keep it in a convenient location and drop in that spare change you found in your pocket or in the dryer. Do you coupon? If so, put the money you saved in your Disney Savings Jar! Even if you're not on a tight budget, couponing is still worth your time; and you can do as much or as little as you want. (Check out Couponing to Disney for easy couponing, along with some great Disney tips and info too!)
You could also drop in any extra cash you can spare, or budget to put in a certain amount every week; and even though it may not sound like much, the little bit of money here and there really does add up and can really help pay for your Disney Vacation!
It's a lot of fun to make your own Disney Savings Jar too, especially with kids! It would be a great activity for a rainy Saturday afternoon or even for Homeschool to teach kids how to count and save money, with a little pixie dust thrown in too!
Tips For Making Your Own Disney Savings Jar:
1.) Get a Craft Jar-We recommend buying a jar at a craft store that doesn't have the raised letters or logo. If not, the surface of the jar isn't smooth and decorations won't stay on.
2.) Purchase Disney Scrapbook Embellishments or Stickers-No scissors, paper, messy glue, and etc. needed! This is especially beneficial if this a craft project with the kids.
3.) Don't Put too Many Decorations on the Lid- The rim and lid overlap and separate when you open the jar.
4.) Add Some Extras-Put in some Disney confetti or even Disney figurines for the kids!
Do you have Disney Savings Jars? How do you decorate yours? Share with us!
Great news Disney fans! Target has released a new line of Disney sleepwear so we can have a bit of Disney magic here at home. The best part is that it's all reasonably priced and looks super comfy! Not only would these Disney inspired PJs be ideal for watching a Disney movie marathon, but they would also perfect for when you're cozy in your Disney Resort room after a long day in the parks!
There are quite a few styles currently available, but we picked a few of our favorites! Be sure to let us know what you think!
This gray short and tee set features a lovely Snow White design and cozy striped shorts! While this set is cute, we think the red accents in the Snow White print really make the razor-back tank pop! Guess what? The set is under $20 too!
This sleep tee looks so comfy! We think the Ariel sketch design looks like concept art you might find at Disney's Art of Animation resort, so needless to say this is on our wish list! It's also priced under $20. What a great deal!
This lovely, soft blue and white Lady tank and short set looks nice and cool for the coming summer months, as well as comfortable! The Lady tank is a razor-back and the whole set is also under $20. You can also find tank and tee sets featuring other characters and colors, such as pink and purple Tinkerbell sets and the Evil Queen from Snow White!
Are you still looking for savings? If so, we have some Disney savings for you!
Being the Disney fans that we are, we have many Disney ornaments on our Chrismas tree ranging from ornaments from our favorite resorts to the Disney Cruise Line to our favorite Disney characters! But even with all that, we are always on the lookout for more; and fortunately for us, other retail stores, besides the Disney Store, also carry Disney Christmas decor for us to add to our collection when we can't run away to the parks to do some shopping.
For an example, while we were at Target this week, we ran across two Disney ornaments that look very similiar to Disney ornaments that can be found online at the DisneyStore.com. The best part is that they are much cheaper! Take a look at the comparison!
As you can see, the Mickey and Minnie ornaments you can find at Target are very similiar to those found in the Disney Store set. Even though you can't get the Donald and Goofy ornaments at Target, the prices of the Mickey and Minnie are very cheap, especially when the Disney Store set is at full price. Also, with the Target versions you don't have to pay shipping!
Plus, we just enjoy finding Disney merchandise here in the real world when we can't escape to Walt Disney World. It helps to put a little Disney in our day, and a little Disney in our Christmas decorating!
Several times before we have shared some of the Disney decor items which you can find at Hallmark stores. We are huge fans of this line of merchandise because it captures Disney characters and quotes in a stylish, decorative way that us adults can enjoy!
Some of these items range from decorative signs to calendars to statuettes to mugs and even snowglobes! I have even used one of their calendars on my desk at work so I can put a little Disney in my day each morning!
These decorative Disney items are also reasonably priced and make great gifts for fellow Disney fans; and on our last stop into Hallmark, we found a few new items we wanted to share with you!
The item you see pictured to the right is a statuette of Tigger which can't help but make you feel, well, happy!
What a perfect quote for this tea cup!
This makes me think of Fantasyland's new Be Our Guest Restaurant! See how Mrs. Potts, Chip, and Lumiere are so subtle? This is why this line of decorative items are great for adults. They don't scream Disney, like the Disney items in your kids rooms do, but they are still Disney all the same.
Also a great quote for a tea cup!
What a great item for both young and grown-up Disney princesses!
Be sure to look for some of these items at your local Hallmark so you can put a little Disney in your day too!
Today the Diamond Edition of Cinderella comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray! We are really excited because, after all, we are A Glass Slipper Vacation; and because this is one of Disney's most iconic films of all time!
So to celebrate the release of Cinderella, we have some facts about this classic film for you!
~It's hard to imagine a world without Disney's Cinderella, but it was released in theaters on February 15th of 1950. That was 62 years ago! It also became one of the highest grossing films of that year.
~Cinderella was chosen because Disney needed another fairytale. While Disney's films following Snow White were successful, none of them rivaled the success of Snow White; and after the war, Disney really needed a boost.
~Walt Disney supposedly claimed that the dress transformation scene, where Cinderella's torn dress transforms into that beautiful blue gown with help from the Fairy Godmother, was his favorite piece of animation.
~It was Walt Disney's idea to have Cinderella, singer Illene Woods, sing harmony with herself in the "Sweet, Sweet Nightengale" scene. As Cinderella scrubs the floor, and bubbles float around her, her reflection in the bubbles seems to sing with her.
~The prince's name is never mentioned and no one refers to him as Prince Charming.
~Inside Cinderella Castle at WDW's Magic Kingdom, you can find mosaics telling the story of Cinderella. Also, behind the castle, look for Cinderella's fountain; and on a path next to the castle, keep your eyes open for a Cinderella wishing well!
~Lucifer, Cinderella's stepmother's evil cat, was inspired by one of Walt's animator's cats!
If any of you ladies have been to Walt Disney World lately, or checked out DisneyStore.com, you have probably seen the vintage Disney tees and accesories around the parks and at Downtown Disney.
Fortunately, popular retailers are picking up on this fashionable Disney trend! So now, us Disney fans can add a little Disney fashion to our wardrobes while away from the parks; and for a much affordable price too!
Target has released their Disney Artist Collection which is in stores and online now! This collection is available for adults and kids and features vintage Disney characters and films, including Walt's first creation, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit!
This women's shirt is a pink and gray baseball tee which only cost about $15! We like how the graphic really resembled a sketch and it was really soft too!
This razorback Bambi tank is very fashionable and sweet! There was also a green tank featuring the Big Bad Wolf from Disney's famous Three Little Pigs.
This gray and white baseball tee features a Peter Pan graphic. The font really gives it that vintage, original look.
In addition to these tops, there was also shorts, sweatshirts, and even sleepwear to choose from! Be sure to put a little Disney in your day by checking out this Disney wear at your local Target; and hopefully, we will see even more of this in the future!
We have posted before about the Disney products you can find at Hallmark; but we had to post about one of their new items we came across and ended up purchasing ourselves!
We found this small sign at our local Hallmark last week. Not only did we like the quote, but we thought it fit perfectly with the Cinderella theme; and, if you haven't noticed, we're fans of Cinderella! This sign also has a space on the back so it can be hung on the wall, as well as a removable prop so you can set it anywhere.
As we have written before, Hallmark's Disney products are subtle, so you can decorate your home with Disney but without sacrificing style! Also, these products are sold at a great price! For example, we paid only $12.95 for this sign!
If you're a big Disney fan, and want to bring some Disney magic into your decorating, check out these products at your local Hallmark!
While getting mail from Disney isn't anything unusual at our house, we did find an interesting envelope along with the rest of our mail yesterday. As it turns out, it was a card from Disney thanking us for our visits this year!
As you can see in the photo, the card showcased the Fab 5 Disney characters and Tinkerbell, their autographs, and a special personalized message to our family! Not only did it put a little Disney in our day, but this card will make a great addition to our Disney scrapbook!
This is just another example of how Disney goes above and beyond for their guests. Have you received one of these cards from Disney? If so, leave a comment and let us know!