However, while the Disney price can make us cringe, we can't deny the fact that the quality and experiences Disney offers is unparalleled; and that's going to mean a higher price tag. Right?
Well, maybe most of the time. But not today!
In today's post, we are going to share with you the free stuff we've come across at Walt Disney World. Enjoy!
1. Club Cool-We are big fans of this little corner of Epcot's Future World. While there is Coca-Cola merchandise for sale inside, the real draw is the soda fountains showcasing soft drinks from around the world! While that's cool, what makes it even cooler is that you can sample these drinks as much as you want for free!
2. Buttons-Celebrating a birthday, anniversary, wedding, graduation, or maybe even an un-birthday? Tell a Cast Member at your resort check-in, or guest services at one of the parks, for a free button! Fellow guests and Cast Members will be wishing you well all day, and they may do even more?
3. Celebrations-In addition to a Celebration Button, you can let your resort or restaurant know that you are celebrating. We can't guarantee what will happen, it just depends, but sometimes Disney adds a little pixie dust to the day! For example, we let the Crystal Palace know in advance that we were celebrating my Disney Bro's birthday; and we were treated to a table dusted with Mickey glitter and a free cupcake and candle!
4. Downtown Disney-This shopping and etertainment complex, which features the world's largest Disney Store, doesn't require any tickets to visit! There's lots to see, buy, and enjoy at Downtown Disney; and unless you want to, you don't have to reach for your wallet once!
6. Resort Hopping-Some guests don't know that you can visit any, or all, of the Disney Resorts for free! This is actually one of our favorite Disney World activites. You can spend a whole day visiting Disney's best resorts and enjoying what they have to offer, such as the live animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge's gorgeous lobby, the shopping at the Grand Floridian, or the grounds and Tri-Circle D Ranch at Fort Wilderness.
7. Animation Academy-Inside the Magic of Disney Animation at Hollywood Studios, you can take a free art class and learn to draw a Disney character for free! Even if you have difficulty drawing a circle, don't be concerned. The animator makes it so easy and you will be surprised what you can do. You also get to take home your drawing your free, it makes a great souvenir.
8. Wilderness Lodge Tour-Whether you're staying at Wilderness Lodge or not, you can take a free tour here and learn about the historical artifacts, as well as the lodge itself.
9. Movie Under the Stars-At many of the Disney Resorts, you can watch a Disney movie outdoors at night for free! Some even offer a campfire, stories, and S'mores! Check out the Chip n' Dale Campfire Sing-a-Long at Fort Wilderness for an appearance from those mischevious chipmunks along with the campfire and movie!
10. Ghiradelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop-Have a sweet tooth? Stop by Ghiradelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop at Downtown Disney for a free sample of chocolate!
12. Water-You can walk up to any Counter Service restaurant at WDW and ask for a cup of ice water and you will get it for free! That will definitely save some cash as bottled water can be a little pricey.
13. Free Dining Plan-At certain times throughout the year, although when is unpredictable, Disney will offer a Free Dining Plan for guests who book a Disney Vacation over certain dates! Yes, that means FREE FOOD! Yay for Disney!
14. Kids Under Three Years-Children under three years of age get free admission into the parks and are not charged at most restaurants!
15. Splash Areas-At some of the parks, and at Downtown Disney, there are fountain play areas for little ones to splash in. Kids can literally spend hours cooling off and playing in these areas; and they can have all that fun for free!
16. PhotoPass Photographers-Want a picture with a character or at a picturesque spot? Ask a PhotoPass Photographer to take a picture with your camera. They will do so for free, whether or not you use PhotoPass.
17. Free Package Delivery-If you purchase an item at one of the shops on property, you can have it shipped to your resort for free! It usually takes a day or so, so keep that in mind; and we think it's great that we don't have to tote around heavy bags or breakables at the parks!
We know there's more free stuff at Walt Disney World! Leave a comment and let us know what we missed!